Editor's RatingReviewed on September 27, 2017
One of the things that people check before traveling to a place is the weather forecast during the duration of their stay in that location. They do this to be aware of what kinds of clothes and shoes to bring to their trip. There are a lot of weather applications and websites available out there, but sadly, a lot of them do not show accurate data even if they show a one-month prediction of weather conditions in a particular area. What people need is a reliable weather forecast application or program that shows actual weather conditions and can predict weather conditions accurately.
GFS or Global Forecast System is a weather forecast model created by the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP). GFS-View is used to instantly download files from the NCEP hosts (NOMADS - National Operational Model Archive and Distribution System). The mathematical prediction for GFS is run four times a day and produces forecasts for up to 16 days in advance.
- Easy and quick access to instant weather forecast information from the National Centers for Environmental Prediction
- Downloading of data sets at once: by several days, with a lot of forecast times, and different combinations of grib code-level-heights
- Loads of atmospheric and land soil variables are available from this data set: winds, temperatures, soil moisture, precipitation, and atmospheric ozone concentration
- Prediction of weather up to 16 days in advance
- Composed of four separate models which work together to come up with an accurate picture of weather conditions: atmosphere model, land/soil model, ocean model, sea ice model)
- A NCEP filter tool is implemented with an extensive set of parameters
- Gridded data are also available for download through the NOMADS
- Customize the shape-file by choosing the visual parameters like line color, text color, line style, etc.
- Grib files are loaded separately, and they have different attributes like ramp color tables to distinguish them from each other
- Load shape-file maps and overlay them on a weather map
GFS-View is a handy program to download weather forecast maps. If you want to know everything you need to know about the weather which includes information such as snow depth, specific humidity, soil temperature, and a lot of other variables that are not normally shown in other weather applications, this is the perfect program for you.
بازدید : 2
تاريخ : شنبه
1396 ساعت: 13:08